We never expect to divorce after taking vows to love, honor, and cherish our spouse, but sometimes life stands in the way of our plans and irreconcilable differences cause this to happen. It is never easy to leave a relationship, especially when you’ve been together for many years. However, there are many signs that indicate that move is the best to make before you waste more time. Take a look at 7 of the many signs that it is time to divorce and make the call to a divorce attorney Tampa before long.
1. You’re only together for the kids. It might seem like the right thing to do, but it is one of the worst, especially if you no longer get along.
2. You want to see other people. When you start having feelings for another person or have desires to be with other people, it is safe to say the time to part has come before adultery occurs.
3. There is abuse of any type. Never stay in an abusive relationship hoping things will get better. Usually they only get worse.
4. You do not love your spouse any more. It is a hard pill to swallow, as the truth usually is. However, truth is always the best remedy to life and saves a tremendous amount of heartache and grief.
5. You do not get along with your spouse. If life is a constant argument, what are you really fighting for? There is no happiness in constant fights, arguments, and disputes.
6. There is no trust. It has been said countless times because it is true. You cannot have a relationship if there is no trust.
7. You don’t see eye to eye on anything, whether it is financing, how to discipline the children, or other issues that couples must work together to resolve.